1. I'm probably at work by the time you read this- fighting hard against drinking my entire weight in full fat lattes. I mean, working for a coffeehouse is AWESOME! Especially an organic coffeehouse. I love knowing that there isn't one single drop of toxic chemical, preservative, or weed killer absorbing directly into my veins- and that I won't eventually look like Joan Rivers or be growing horns out of the side of my face. But it's not awesome for my waist line. Have you ever had a breve? It's espresso and steamed half and half. And it's AMAZING
2. Kiddo is finally feeling better! Yay! He said his own whining was starting to annoy him.
3. Guys who grunt at the gym irritate the shit out of me. Knock it off. It sounds like you're taking a dump. I get grunting at the end of your set when you're dog tired and busting it just to raise the bar the last two reps----but not the entire time. For every workout.
4. The spin bike will never be the road bike. Ever.
5. I feel as though I'm hiding from winter right now. Because I am. I haven't gone sledding, snowshoeing, or even walking in the snow since the first of the year. I should have my Wisconsin country girl card yanked right out my pocket and be awarded Yuppie of the Year! What the hell is wrong with me?! I'm getting soft. Or old. Or both.
6. Where the hell did all of this laundry come from?! Are we housing homeless male children I don't know about?! (Child throws his laundry down about once a month. Makes me cray-cray!)
7. Kiddo & I had pan seared beef tenderloin and mashed sweet potato for lunch yesterday. For about twenty minutes, it was luxury at it's finest! Then reality set it: The freezer needs refilling with meat, because that was the very last thing in there... Unless we're having green beans and rhubarb for meals now. (*gag* What a combo that would be! I'd be skinny in two weeks flat. Starving, and living off of stolen grapes from the produce aisle, but skinny! Oh please, don't act like you don't taste your grapes on the way to the check out. Liar. Everyone eats dirty grapes right out of the bag!) Goodbye, tax return!
8. It snowed another six inches this week- which makes the running total about 209830283 inches for the winter. It's great. Except it's not. This is winter. And I am whining. I like a two inch dusting every couple of days, not half a foot twice a week. Mother Nature is especially menstrual this year... She needs to take her Midol and simmer the hell down.
9. Child is dissecting worms in 7th grade. I puked during science class in 7th grade--- during the worm unit. The correlation makes me completely nauseous just thinking about it... Every time someone says "worm", vomit comes up in my throat. *gag* And that SMELL! It's like Big Foot took a dump in a can of gasoline... Oh my God.... Kill. Me. Now.
10. The scale is dropping, dropping, dropping....and that makes me happy, happy, happy! Monday's weigh in post will be all rainbows and unicorns----unless I manage to eat a Kenyan sometime this weekend. It happens.'
How was your week? Ready for the weekend? Manage to narrowly avoid shanking anyone? Tell me, tell me, tell me!
What do you mean you don't follow Thinfluenced on Facebook?! Go! Go now! Join the crazy! www.facebook.com/thinfluenced